English writing practices. Any comments for my english will be VERY APPRECIATED.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Notting Hill and Winsor Castle

6. Royal Albert Hall and Memorial.

The Royal Albert Memorial was interesting to me because of its various sculptures carved in its four walls. Sculptures standing for four continents, embossed relieves for fields-agricultures, manufacturing, engineering and so on.. Remember Albert was the husband of the Queen Victoria..

The Royal Albert Hall, London



The Royal Albert Memorial

7. Notting Hill

The official name of this world-famous flea market is the Portobello Market, even though the name Notting Hill is more familiar to me due to the movie with the same title. Very crowded from the morning, and I bought some picture card for my kids.


Near the starting point of the market

The Street Stores

People.. on the market street
Miniatures.
(My son was crazy for this and changed his most favorate place to visit to London)

8. Winsor Castle

The Queen's winter castle was the last place I visited in the UK. The most impressed thing here was the flag of Winston Churchill in one chamber to memorize the brave British generals, because of the embroidery "Korea 1950-1951" on his flag. It probably means they joined in the UN allied forces for Korean War, but looked like saying he was one of conqueror for the country. Actually not comfortable one..

The Castle and the Church
The Long Walk in front of the Castle

A Guard in the Castle

Cafe in the street

The sightseeing was up to here. Then I returned to my home through another boring flight trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...
You visited too many places and took too many photos than I expected. I can't believe that you'd done your trip just about one and half days.
Due to your good pictures and gentle descriptions, I'd like to visit UK someday if I'll get a chance.

Wind Stopper said...

Great places for a tour. I strongly recommend but a lot of choices in Europe..