English writing practices. Any comments for my english will be VERY APPRECIATED.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

One and half day long London Tour

A mission-impossible: looking around a super-giant city like London in one and half day. You know, there're lots of historic places, cultural events and beautiful landscpes. Sightseeing for only a part of them could be possible in such a short time, but with an experienced guide, we could optimize our tour choices and routes:
==================================================================
Day1


Tower of London, Tower Bridge & London Bridge/West Minster & Big Ben/Guards Arch, St.James Park & Buckingham Palace/LUNCH/The British Museum/Piccadilly Circus/London Eye/Hotel at Dockland through Waterloo Station thru the undeground(actually train).

Day2

Royal Albert Memorial and Hall/Portobello Road Market(Notting Hill)/Lunch(actually leaving London)/Winsor Castle & Runneymede.
==================================================================


It was a really compact and tight schedule but we could meet all the plan with the guide and the car we rent. All of the places I visited to were nice, and I'll upload pictures soon. Satisfied with the trip. (Actually I had been in London two or three times before, but I couldn't enjoy the big city in the previous visits)



A Visitor at the British Museum

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
It's not a tight schedule. It's a horrible schedule.
You're really great if you could have enjoyed your tour which has no time to spare.

Wind Stopper said...

Hmm.. Actually no for whole the trip. Just satisfied with the fact I could have an opportunity to think anbout their history.

As I said in the previous posting, Southampton is related with the Mayflower, and the place I mentioned last, Runnyemede, is the place where King John signed on Magna Carta in 1200's...

Raphael CH Lee said...

I'm looking forward to see your pictures.
A Seeing is better than one hundred times hearing!

How could you have one & half day long sightseeing during the business trip?
I'm jealous of you T.T

Wind Stopper said...

Huh, I promise I'll upload them tonight..

Well, I had meetings till 10pm the day before and move to London at that night, and I took the fligt departing at 10pm. That's how I could make the time for short tour..

Raphael CH Lee said...

Excellent!
Time is very even to everybody.
But utilization of time varies on individual.

Wind Stopper said...

Oh, I need to correct. Some bluffings there.. haha..

The late meeting was a thing in the day before we left Southampton, but anyway I could save time..